What Were You Expecting?

I'm just a girl. Sometimes I'm mad. Sad. Angry. Happy. Amused. Funny. Sarcastic. But then, What Were You Expecting?

Avid reader. Book reviewer. Wife. Mother. Foodie.

Water Bound (Sea Haven: Sisters of the Heart Series #1)

Water Bound - Christine Feehan Re-read 9/10 - I wasn't sure what to expect when I re-read this. I loved it the first time around, but many of the Drake books didn't hold up on second read. I'm happy to report this one did. I adored everything just as much this time around. Definitely one of my top reads of 2010. __________________It was lovely returning to Sea Haven and I very much enjoyed the new characters introduced her, as well as the glimpses we had of the previous characters. This book picks up right where Hidden Currents left off. I think this can be read as a standalone, but the characters - especially Lev - have more depth if you read Hidden Currents first. I loved Lev. He decided he wanted a new life, one that included Rikki, and that was that. There was no waffling about his feelings for her or attempts to hold himself away from her. He did everything possible to care for her. Because she's autistic, though very high-functioning, she needed things other people wouldn't. Lev wasn't discouraged by that. Nor did he treat her as if she were inferior to him in some way, or less intelligent than she was. To him, Rikki was a woman and that's how he treated her. Rikki's autism was very well written. She was able to do almost everything someone without her disorder could, but she had trouble with change, and lights and sounds bothered her. As a result she was a solitary creature. One with a need for a very controlled environment. She didn't allow other people into her home and she had strict routines she had to follow. But she wasn't someone I felt sorry for, or thought of as challenged in anyway. It will be interesting to see how things go with the Drake's and Lev (The Drake sisters, with the exception of Hannah, were all on their honeymoons) in later books, especially since he was there and saw the torture Elle suffered in Hidden Currents.