What Were You Expecting?

I'm just a girl. Sometimes I'm mad. Sad. Angry. Happy. Amused. Funny. Sarcastic. But then, What Were You Expecting?

Avid reader. Book reviewer. Wife. Mother. Foodie.

Ice - Linda Howard Linda Howard has steadily been going downhill with her more recent releases. When Ice was first published I chose not to read it because a) I was disappointed in LH as a whole and b) it was really expensive as a hardcover for the size. Recently it became available at my library, however, so I decided to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised. Although light on romance, it seemed more of an early Howard novel. The same tension, suspense and drama from her earlier works were here, along with witty dialogue and an interesting setting. The page count didn't lend itself to much, but Howard made do with what she had. Because of the small page count I think the lack of full HEA at the end (it was more a HFN - let's see where this goes type of thing) worked well. No, this isn't the Howard I know and love from the late 90's and early 2000's, but it was a lot better than I expected. Still not worth the exorbitant hardcover price, though.