What Were You Expecting?

I'm just a girl. Sometimes I'm mad. Sad. Angry. Happy. Amused. Funny. Sarcastic. But then, What Were You Expecting?

Avid reader. Book reviewer. Wife. Mother. Foodie.

Oracle's Moon (Elder Races Series #4)

Oracle's Moon - Thea Harrison I wasn't sure what to expect going into this novel. It picks up where Serpent's Kiss left off (I believe it's the morning after the events that transpired at the end of the book). Though this can probably stand alone, I recommend reading Serpent's Kiss first. This novel is much more internally focused than the previous books were. While there is outside conflict, it doesn't come to play until later in the book. Mostly we got to see Grace and Kahlil interacting with each other on a daily basis, in a relatively quiet setting. I really enjoyed the slow pace of the novel (it wasn't a slow read, just a slow-paced romance). We really saw them fall in love, which is refreshing from the romances that only tell us a couple has fallen.Grace was a strong character and a great counter for Kahlil with his arrogance. Kahlil softens toward Grace and her children as the novel wears on, and his compassion and tenderness worked to underscore his alpha-ness. Harrison writes great strong male characters who are well balanced with the softer emotions. Another winner. This series just keeps getting better.